Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Innovation Face

     I think two innovation faces fit me the best:  the anthropologist and the experience architect.  Something both these have in common is that they are open and revolve around what people will get out of design.  One of my favorite quotes is "People ignore design that ignores people."  Whenever I'm designing something I am thinking more of the experience the end product will create more than just the end product itself.  I like to people watch and observe different cultures and lifestyles.   I think it is important to do so for many, many reasons.   Looking at things from different perspectives and putting yourself in others shoes has a positive reflection on your character and your work.  Just as I am always looking for what inspires others I myself always keep things that inspire me close.  I love to be inspired.
  These two faces are in the learning and building categories.  Both which I think are hands on.  These faces will really add to our design thinking project.  I think the anthropologist makes a good teammate and researcher.  The experience architect will really push what the anthropologist does to the next level by building upon that knowledge and actually creating something.

No comments:

Post a Comment